Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Coffee Goes Where?!


The word enema makes many generations of people cringe, while others jump for joy. Based on the title and the first sentence you have probably put two and two together to figure out that I am talking about coffee enemas. Yes, you heard me right, coffee enemas!

What would make someone take their beloved morning brew and stick it up their butt? Who would be so insane? The answer is those people that are on the quest for great health or someone battling serious health issues. And me. I actually fall into both categories. Now I admit, most people are not as willing to try anything or are as adventurous with their breakfast as I am. But I am a firm believer that if something has stood the test of time, there is some validity to it, even if others do not approve. I was looking for the way to heal my body, not poison it further. I am not saying that people that choose allopathic treatments are bad or wrong, but my path was to search out the alternatives.

“The Gerson Therapy is a safe, natural treatment developed by Dr. Max Gerson in the 1920’s that uses organic foods, juicing, coffee enemas, detoxification and natural supplements to activate the body’s ability to heal itself. Over the past 60 years, thousands of people have used the Gerson Therapy to recover from so-called “incurable” diseases such as cancer, diabetes, heart disease and arthritis.” Excerpt taken from http://www.gerson.org

The coffee must be 100% pure and free from fillers. There is even a company that is devoted to making ultrapure coffee for enemas; S. A. Wilson. Once we purchased S. A. Wilson coffee, it really made us think about the so called organic coffees that people drink. The S. A. Wilson coffee reminded me of green tea because that is what purity looks like in a coffee. Before finding S. A. Wilson, we had quite a comedic journey. A word of warning, do not just call any coffee dealer and ask them if they have coffee that can be used in an enema, many dealers will become quite offended!

Most people already know what a fan I am of juicing, fasting, and raw food. Coffee enemas helped me to purge the toxic waste that my body began to break down during my healing process. Coffee has a completely different action in the body going up than it does going down. Coffee, in an enema, has been shown to stimulate our own natural glutathione in the liver. Glutathione is a major player in liver health and bodily repair. Colonic practitioners report that people receive better treatments when coffee is added to any colonic.

The down side to enemas has to do with energy as known in Eastern Medicine or EM. EM states that Heaven’s energy comes down and enters our body through our head. Earth’s energy comes up through our feet and both energies meet in our spine and swirl throughout our body. The problem comes when the Earth energy is not able to come up through the ground to enter our body. In detoxing and purging, we are focusing all of our energy on the downward expulsion of energy and this can create an imbalance. Once an imbalance exists in the body due to enemas, the stage can be set for a damp, heat or damp coldness to settle into the organs. Looking at your moods and determining if your extremities (especially your feet) are cold is a good way to know that you are out of balance. Your moods and temporary personality could run hot or you could err on the side of coldness. It is important to listen to your body. If you feel that you may be entering this stage, you could stop your enemas and take probiotics, avoid overeating, avoid sweet, salty or sour foods, and add in more lettuce, seaweeds and bitter foods to your diet to help reestablish a balance. Contact your health practitioner for guidance or more information.

Could I say that coffee enemas have saved my life or health? I don’t know. I do know that they have been immensely beneficial and whatever synergistic blend I have done has worked for keeping me healthy. This has allowed me to inspire and support others that find themselves in a similar situation. For me, this has been a journey of self discovery. You can’t get any more intimate on a self discovery journey than with a coffee enema. So the next time you tell someone to “stick it where the sun don’t shine”, you could be offering them the very life saving tool that they need.

Kelly Colby Nunez
AY Wellness
aywellness@charter.net
©2008