Wednesday, August 15, 2007

No Excuses Rule

The No Excuses Rule

It's interesting to observe people. I have heard that the younger crowd has a sense of entitlement. Respect is harder to come by these days and just because you are older than someone, does not demand immediate respect any longer. I noticed there is a change in the younger crowd, but it's not only the younger crowd. I watch people that stand in lines or people that do not immediately get what they want when they want it. People huff and puff and get down right nasty at times. I went to Greece a few years ago. In a restaurant there was another American seated a few tables away. She did not like what was served to her and actually stood up in the restaurant and made a big scene. I heard the murmur of "American" around me while people just shook their head. It was then that I realized the youth of today are only mimicking what they observe around them. This is what has shaped their world. What lends to this selfishness? Is it the energies that are flooding into our world right now? Is it health imbalances that have people so fatigued and over stimulated that they snap easily? Is it the world's obsession with the rich and famous in Hollywood? Is it that people are so tired of being hurt that they hurt first? All personality imbalances stem from a chaotic metabolic system and all chaotic metabolic systems have a root cause in the energy of emotions long buried.

Excuses dot pretty much every conversation, whether it be kids or adults. When I was running late or failed to get something done, I would make an excuse. I used to be full of excuses then my husband told me something that changed my life 16 years ago. He told me that excuses only aggravated people and make them think worse of me. People really don't care WHY something happened or didn't happen, they only want to know WHEN it will be done or undone and HOW it will be done right next time. When you show personal responsibility, that tells people that what happened will never happen again because you are aware it is a problem. I used to justify myself all the time. I have learned that I do not need to do that. If I am late, I say I am sorry and leave it at that and make sure it does not happen again. I look at the cofactors that I chose to be late and change them. I look at excuses like the small everyday mental/emotional games people play. This falls into the victim/victimizer catagory. When you no longer make excuses for yourself, people cannot victimize you. It is amazingly freeing.

In my wellness center, in working with people, I hear excuses as to why people didn't or couldn't do something. But the thing is, I am here to educate people. I am here to show people there is another way. It is up to each individual person to act or not act on the information presented. It does not hurt me if someone does not implement something I have taught them. The path to wellness is all about personal responsibility. I do not judge someone because they do not do something. It is their choice. I find that some people are just not in the place that they are ready to heal or to get to the real issue of why they have an imbalance in the first place. I intrinsically love and respect ALL people, no matter what their path is, or where they are on their path. I plant seeds of information. Don't get me wrong, I would love for all people to completely put into action my teachings so they can reach new heights, but I do not judge anyone form holding themselves back.

My teachings empower people. In my center I have established the No Excuses Rule. No one has to justify to me their actions, but respect is always expected. I am merely presenting information and educating people on wellness from the inside out. Everyone is personally responsible for his or her own actions or non actions. My wellness center is a safe haven, free from judgment or justification. I present information without attachment to the outcome. This atmosphere tends to free people from their own limitations. I make sure that people understand the only limitations that are EVER put on them is by their own self. No one can impose limitations on you without you accepting or imposing those limitations on yourself first. It is never, nor has ever been, about what someone did to you, it is about what you do to yourself. Personal responsibility is the hardest thing you will ever have to do in life, but it is also the most freeing. Imagine a life where you could manifest anything you wanted, whenever you wanted. That is a life without justification.

With creating your life and personal responsibility comes the knowledge and respect that you are connected to everything. The awareness starts to filter in that what you do to someone or something else, comes back to you because we are all connected to each other. The plants, stones and trees, the Earth, animals, and people; we are all connected. If you cannot comprehend that right now, but are on the path of wellness, know that one day you will see and feel all of it clearly. It is almost like seeing the world in more vivid colors. You will start to see the beauty instead of the despair. The path of wellness is very much a sacred journey. The next time you go to justify yourself with an excuse, stop yourself. Know that every action is purely your responsibility and your choice and when you are responsible you do not need excuses. Fix what doesn't work in your life and teach your children the same principals. It is a big world out there with so many possibilities, do not limit children by teaching them excuses and lack of responsibility. In teaching your children, and others who may observe you in lines or restaurants, personal responsibility and the connection to all things, you will truly be giving them the gift of a blessed life without limitations.