Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Power of Simplicty (excerpt)

The Power of Simplicity
excerpt from the introduction on a soon to be published book by Kelly Colby-Nunez


The Journey of Simplicity

I was on the veranda of a quaint Italian restaurant with a man from Europe. Spirit had unexpectedly led our paths together. “You Americans do not know the real definition of regeneration.” he sighed with exasperation. “You all want to be complex and in being so, you miss the power in simplicity.” I was bemused by the “you, Americans” term but silently agreed with the truth he spoke. I intently absorbed what he was saying to me because I had been on the path of simplicity for years and was in the middle of writing this book.

While I did not learn anything particularly new from this French gentleman, he was my “ah ha” moment. That was the evening my puzzle pieces fell into their resting place. I believe everything happens to us for a reason. While I fully believe that we can consciously create our reality, I also believe there is a spirit force that is outside of our manifesting abilities that has a constant guiding hand in our lives. There is a spirit force that ebbs and flows within our lives. Whether we view this flow as bad or good, is up to us to control how we view our own circumstances. The circumstances in my life that have been challenging have also been the greatest learning and rewarding experiences. These situations forced me to change gears and go with the spirit flow to find what I needed. I could not have orchestrated a better spiritual influence, but most people would not look at it this way. I had two children that were seriously ill. Had I not went on the journey of health, I do not believe they would be here today. But instead of dwelling on the pain or what could have been, I looked at the situations through my spirit eyes and I gained great gifts that I am sharing in this book. The Power of Simplicity was borne out of years of experience, research, learning and spiritual knowing. I hope, through the words in this book, you will find your own Power of Simplicity.
If you would like updates and to have more excerpts emailed to you as they become available, email aywellness@charter.net
copyright © 2007 Kelly Colby-Nunez
All work in this article is protected material. No part of this blog, content, or other related materials, may be copied, adapted or reproduced from this article in any fashion or media without the written consent of Kelly Colby-Nunez